Friday 19 August 2016

The Pagefield Lineman

Today was my final visit to MRI before being admitted on Monday for my transplant. The purpose of today's visit was to have a PICC line inserted. A PICC line is a quicker way of taking blood or giving fluids, in my case chemotherapy followed by stem cells rather than having to keep putting a canular into your hand or arm. It's a couple of external tubes connected to a line than enters the vein in my arm and then runs to the entrance to my heart via the vein. It's a fairly simple procedure,which takes around 5 minutes in total. The nurse struggled to get the line in my right arm and after 3 failed attempts decided to try my left arm and successes first time. It's left me with a lovely iodine t-shirt fake tan though.


The line gets cleaned and flushed regularly and the dressing changed once a week. I need to wrap cling film around it to keep it dry in the shower. We're ready to go for Monday.



It got me thinking about lines and in particular songs with the word lines in them. So here is a little competition for all you blog readers. In the comments section below or in the comments section on Facebook or via replying in a Tweet - wherever you pick my blog up from, give me as many songs with the word line in. Here's a few to start you off

Artic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Francisco "and all the weekend rock stars are in the toilets practising their lines"

Frank Turner - Get Better "she drew a line across the middle of my broken heart and said come on now let's fix this mess"

And the song that inspired the title of this blog Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman

I'll update following Monday's chemotherapy session. Thanks for all your kind words and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment