Monday 29 August 2016

Day release, deep clean and diarrhoea

This weekend saw ward 44 closed on Sunday for a 6 monthly deep clean. Patients are moved to other wards in the hospital for the day whilst the ward is deproxed & deep cleaned. The doctors had indicated earlier in the week that if on Sunday I was well enough and my blood levels were safe I could spend the day at home on day release.

This was a fantastic incentive and something to really look forward to. On Saturday when I asked the doctor whether I would still be OK to spend Sunday at home she said I could spend Saturday there too as long as I cam back at 9pm.

So Saturday and Sunday I spent at home. It was great to see the kids - we didn't tell them so it was a mega surprise for them when I walked in and there were lots of tears. It was also good to actually walk out of my room, to walk on carpet at home, have a bath, sleep for an hour or 2 in my own bed.

It was also nice to spend time in my own environment with Jen - although she was that busy trying to make my short stay as comfortable as possible I'm not sure she sat down for much more than 10 minutes.

My blood levels are on the decline which is to be fully expected and I have developed diarrhoea which again is par for the course but the visit home have given me the spur to tackle the forthcoming weeks events with renewed vigour.

This is tough, tougher than I ever thought it would be - the psychological side in particular but I remain positive and am determined to get home and get better as soon as possible so I can get on with the next part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment